Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leona Lewis

Leona Lewis reportedly has two songs in the running to be included in the ‘Best Original Song’ category at the Oscars next year.

The singer's current track ‘Happy’ is used in the new Oprah Winfrey-produced movie Precious while she has also recorded the theme song, ‘I see you’ for the upcoming James Cameron film Avatar.

Leona Lewis said that she felt privileged that 'Happy' was chosen to be featured in Precious.

“I'm just so proud of it, 'cos I wrote it, and to be associated with a film like Precious, which is about trying to overcome troubles and trials in your life. I'm glad that someone got that message,” she told the Daily Star.

She went on to descirbe the theme song for Avatar as "epic" and praised director Cameron.

“I only saw a half-hour clip of the film,” she said. "It's not finished yet and it's insane, awesome. I heard the song - great lyrics, very, very epic."

“So I went in and I did it. And then they played it to James and he phoned me up and said: 'Oh, my God. I love you!' He's so cool.

“I had this perception that he was going to be totally untouchable and unreachable. But he's just like your nice uncle. He's lovely.”

Good luck to her is what i say!

“I had this perception that he was going to be totally untouchable and unreachable. But he's just like your nice uncle. He's lovely.”

Good luck to her is what i say!

No comments:

Post a Comment