Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rihanna

Rihanna (Who has sold a massive 12 million albums to date) wanted to make a move from her R’n’B / Pop roots to a heavy metal sound on her new album Rated R,
Rihanna reportedly asked guitarist Nuno Bettencourt from US band ‘Extreme’ to work with her, but was persuaded by her record label to choose other producers.
“I've been asked to play with pop artists in the past but turned them down because they didn't really get the vibe,” Bettencourt is quote as saying “But when I spoke to Rihanna she was totally into transforming herself into a heavy rock chick. She was listening to ‘Led Zeppelin’ and new acts like ‘Paramore’ and said that was the direction she wanted to go, so I said yes.
I think the label had a seizure, so they went down another route.”
Thank god is what I say! – her last album “Good girl gone bad” was just a master pieceRihanna releases new album “Rated R” on 23rd November and I hope to find it in my Christmas stocking

No comments:

Post a Comment