Saturday, April 10, 2010

Leon Jackson

Guess who’s just crawled outta the woodwork... Leon Jackson... (He won The X-Factor back in 2007)
He’s revealed that he is looking forward to releasing his new songs, saying: “I have new skills as a musician and this new material is quite emotionally resonant. The songs sound minimal, less polished, more organic and heartfelt and soulful.”
Leon also said that he is glad he had to struggle in the past, explaining: “I had to go through what I did to be where I am now. I had to start over and feel happier and it helped me to understand and learn the things I needed to be liberated and fulfilled. It's all about personal fulfillment for me as an artist - like Will Young after ‘Pop Idol’. Musical integrity has led him to have a career.”
On the up side ... he has vowed never to perform his X Factor winner's single again.
“My number one song 'When You Believe' was never me and I didn't feel comfortable with it in the first place. I was singing songs that weren't really me and doing things I had to do. I was not comfortable and it was not appealing to people my age.”

Something really has me rooting for this guy ... click to visit his new website: http://www.leonjacksonmusic.com/

1 comment:

  1. He was a strange winner, a odd choice to some, yet I've fond his voice to be light and pleasent. Good luck to him!

    ReplyDelete