Friday, May 14, 2010

3 Lions

Oh god! It’s almost here... (Please don’t buy this tripe!) Russell Brand has admitted that he was emotional after recording an updated version of ‘3 Lions’.

Russell also teamed up with Robbie Williams, Trevor Horne and the original songwriters Frank Skinner, David Baddiel and Ian Broudie for a 2010 World Cup re-release of the huge song.
Speaking about the recording sessions, Russell Brand told a national newspaper “I was embarrassed by how emotional I felt singing this song. I nearly cried. It took me back to Euro '96 - Spice Boys, dentist's chairs and Gazza's last hurrah... “It's the only good England song and I look forward to singing it as we crash out on penalties. Then I will be crying.”
Robbie Williams also added: “I've always been approached to write football songs but have always declined as I thought ‘3 Lions; could never be beaten - so I am really happy to be part of this record. I am counting down the days until the start of the World Cup.”
Changes from the first two recordings include vocals from veteran football commentator John Motson and a classical intro led by soprano Olivia Safe.

Now this part i think is REALLY funny ... Ian Broudie told another newspaper that: “The public really wanted a new version of ‘3 Lions’” ... Really? I’d like to meet those ...

4 comments:

  1. Be afraid, Alan, be very ... thousands will buy! Not me! But thousands will. I just get a sort of sinking feeling when I think about this sort of shit. Anyway football, schmootball! It's become so completely paid mercenaries that I can't be doing with it. Actually I couldn't before it became what I said!
    I'm sorry I've not been around! A lot on my mind (don't get rude!) Love, Alec xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me rude... never!
    Yeah i have to agree, Football isn't my thing either.
    Hope your okay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll buy four copies, and then send two to you and two to Alec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao ... I'm gonna to my best to avoid all the football songs (including return to sender item... Lol)

    ReplyDelete