Sunday, May 9, 2010

Scissor Sisters

This is kinda yesterday’s news but still i think it’s worth a mention!
Jake Shears revealed that his band: The Scissor Sisters scrapped their last album because they believe the “sub-standard” songs would have finished the band.
It certainly take a great artist to admit what they’ve recorded is shit!
The Scissor Sisters initially finished working on the follow-up to 2006's ‘Ta-Dah’ last year, but admitted that they were left with an LP they did not “believe” in and were forced to start again.
Jake Shears said: “If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over... “If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters. In my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold.... “We worked on a record for about a year and a half but we shelved it. We shelved it about a year ago. I ended up moving to Berlin for a couple of months and we decided to start a new record from scratch, and we started it last June. So this record was written very quickly.”
I know U2 did this with their last album ‘No line on the horizon’ and the end result was pure shite! I only hope they haven’t made the same mistake, your 3rd album will always determine your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment