Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blur

Good news! Damon Albarn has promised that Blur will continue to release new music...
Damon Albarn told a music magazine: “I'm definitely going to do a few more of those 7”s and at some point in the undetermined future there will be a record at the end of it.
“I love the no pressure aspect. Just going in the studio and recording it in a day is something we haven't done since the B-sides in the early days.”... However, he added: “We can't do it all the time. So I don't want anyone to think there's an album coming soon, it's not possible, but we've got songs!”
Discussing the response to last month's vinyl-only release, Damon said: “It was nice to know it made a difference... “I heard Rough Trade in Brick Lane usually makes £6,000 in a Saturday and it made 60 grand on that Saturday. That's the reason why I thought I'd take a big risk and go back in the studio, but it was great.”
Even if it’s only one year, it’s something to look forward too!

No comments:

Post a Comment