Monday, May 10, 2010

Rhydian Roberts

Rhydian Roberts has announced that he is parting company with Simon Cowell after two years with his Syco record label.
Simon Cowell gave the Rhydian a recording contract after he finished as runner-up on ‘The X Factor’ back in 2007
Speaking to a national newspaper Rhydian said ... “I enjoyed my time in the Cowell Sycobubble but I've always wanted to be taken seriously as a classical singer. And the truth is that Syco is no longer the best label for me... “In creative terms, they don't have the right approach or experience when it comes to classical music. This is something they would admit themselves. I want to make the sort of album that will launch me on the international stage and, like Russell Watson and Hayley Westenra, appeal to audiences in Asia and Japan.
“The X Factor and Simon Cowell were definitely a good launch pad for me. They changed my life forever. And I'll always be grateful to the three-and-a-half million people who voted for me.”
Rhydian’s current album titled ‘O Fortuna’ is in the running for the ‘Album Of The Year’ prize at this year's Classical Brit Awards, which take place later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment