Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lupe Fiasco

Lupe Fiasco has thanked fans for an online petition aimed at his label Atlantic Records.
The petition asks Atlantic to issue the rapper's completed album ‘Lasers’ which has been finished for several months but still has no official release date.
Lupe said: “I love to see progression. I love it. I love to see this petition”... he also went on to say that he believes the album has not been a priority for Atlantic as it does not contain conventional 'hit' singles: “I don't think the label cares about an album. People just want their number one record. They don't care about the rest of the album. I was talking to an engineer the other day and he said, ‘These n***as don't even care about mixing an album no more’. They just want the first three songs. Three singles. They get them, one, two, three, they don't care what's on the rest of the album,” he explained...
Careful Lupe ... at least you’ve still got a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment