Friday, July 9, 2010

Plan B

There’s hope for us all as even established artists get refused record deals and the latest casualty is Plan B.
Plan B’s record label 679/Atlantic has refused to release his new album titled ‘The Ballad Of Bellmarsh’
The musician, whose real name is Ben Drew, has been forced to take the recording elsewhere, despite selling around HALF A MILLION copies of his latest CD ‘The Defamation Of Strickland Banks’.
In an interview with the BBC, Plan B said: “The label said, 'Look, we love your soul record. We know what to do with that. With the hip-hop it's not going to get play on radio, we don't know how to market it and we're not feeling it'.”... “I was offended but I said, ‘Alright, cool’. This is the compromise - I take that hip-hop record, I put it out on my own label and you own none of it... “I'll promote it off the back of my soul record and that's what I'm doing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment