Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Travie McCoy

Travie McCoy has revealed that he recorded himself crying over his break-up with Katy Perry for a track on his solo album.
Travie split with Katy Perry last year and used his tears on a song inspired by the separation called ‘Don't Pretend’.
According to a national newspaper he said: “In a sense, I felt I’d had my heart ripped out. I’m crying throughout the song. That song is the most introspective and personal on the album.”
However the song, which features the line ‘Goodbye Booby’ in reference to his nickname for Katy was a cathartic experience for him: “The album is about coming out the other side of something really painful," he added. “Getting all those feelings down was thera¬peutic and now I feel like I’ve drawn a line under the relationship... “There was a lot of stuff that did not make the alb¬um because it was too dark. But 'Don’t Pretend', along with a lot of those unused tracks, gave me closure."

Travie McCoy's debut solo album ‘Lazarus’ is released in the UK on August 9... (I love his new single ‘Billionaire’

No comments:

Post a Comment