Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ruth Lorenzo

Ruth Lorenzo has confirmed that she has split from her record company EMI before she has even released any material!
Ruth signed a deal in April last year and had been working on her debut album. However, in a blog post earlier this week, Ruth revealed that she had parted ways with the label because of ‘creative differences’.
She said: “Many of you have been asking about my forthcoming album, a project which has been in development for two years,”... “I have been working with some extremely talented writers and producers on a collection of songs of which not only I am proud of, but which represents who I am as an artist, writer and performer - an album that is true to my character and that hopefully will stand the test of time.” ... She continued: “It is with this artistic integrity at heart, that I have decided to part with my label, EMI - due to creative differences to pursue my career as an independent artist... “Throughout this time I have been overwhelmed by your support and enthusiasm - you have given me the energy to wake up every day and fight for what I believe in. This album was not just for me - it was for you - my fans - and the very reason that it has taken so much time to get where we are today is because I was trying to make an album that you deserve, not another expendable pop record that remains forgotten in time.”

Ruth said that she would be funding her debut album herself with help from fans, who in return would be given “cool exclusives, signed limited editions, visits to the studio, signed original artwork and much more”

No comments:

Post a Comment