Monday, June 14, 2010

Kylie Minogue

Kylie Minogue has revealed that she was initially reluctant to put back on her hot pants for her new video.
Kylie famously wore a pair of gold hot pants in the video for her 2000 No.1 smash ‘Spinning Around’ However, she had to be persuaded by Joseph Kahn - the director of the video for her new single ‘All The Lovers’ - to revisit the iconic look...
Speakign to a national newspaper Kylie said: “I was not expecting to be wearing that kind of outfit ever again,”... “In fact, the brief for the video, pardon the pun, was long flowing dresses. But when I got there the director said, ‘I think of you and I think hot pants’... “I was thinking, ‘Everyone's gone to so much trouble to call in white flowing dresses', and I had to wrestle with my feelings about it, and I thought the long dresses wouldn't work for this video, so I'd go with it, but some paparazzi were outside and that's how those shots happened. But I survived.”
Kylie also admitted that she is under no illusion as to why her choice of outfit has attracted so much attention... “Now it gets written about because I'm in that age group. ‘She's in her forties and she's still got it.’ I'm in that age group where you're spoken about like that, and I'm like, 'Shut up, because at some point it won't be.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment