Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shakira

Shakira has said that she is happy to be playing at this year’s Glastonbury Festival.
Shakira will perform on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday at the event in Somerset, UK
In an interview by festival co-organiser Emily Eavis, Shakira told a national newspaper “I know that Glastonbury is one of the most famous and popular musical festivals in Europe, if not the world, and I'm so happy to be a part of its 40th anniversary... “I understand that you donate about £2m every year to charity, and that's pretty amazing, and it was also one of the reasons that it was so appealing to me to be a part of this. I know that you are socially aware and that makes a tremendous difference to me. I hope I don't disappoint!”
She added: “They'll probably have to pull me by the hair and put me in the car! I know I'm not going to want to leave. And I heard that Gorillaz is performing, right? I love Gorillaz. And Muse. That's some of my favourite bands for sure... “The xx are also going to be playing and I just collaborated with them on an album of covers of their own music. I covered ‘Islands’, which is one of my favourite songs right now.”
Can’t help wondering though if Glastonbury is the sort of venue for Shakira... Mind you folk said that about Jay-Z and he nailed it! ~ Still, time will tell...

4 comments:

  1. Glastonbury sucks everything up! Not sure why. Initially I think die-hard festival fans were flattered when all these mainstream artists started wanting to get in on it. Now they think that it is Glastonbury which confers honour on the artists. It's a horrible sort of bleagh love-in. Actually that sounds sort of sexy. A 'bleagh love-in'! The lowest Glastonbury sank was McCartney. Shakira is a definite step up! Love Alec ;)) xx p.s. still here by the way! Been a bit preoccupied with this and that, but still enjoying your blog. I'll pay you more attention later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a threat! I'll try not to scare you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you’re still enjoying it, yeah i agree ... it does sound like a threat! I’ll be sure to watch my back – literally ~ Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE WAY SHAKIRA SHAKES WHAT HER MAMA GAVE HER

    ReplyDelete