Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

I predict that it’s only a matter of time before Sophie Ellis-Bextor is dropped from her label! And it seems that record bosses are scrambling to try and recoup their losses by telling Sophie to change her next single.
The pop singer originally planned to release ‘Off & On’ from her upcoming album: ‘Straight To The Heart’
It’s now been decided that her collaboration with Dutch DJ/producer Armin van Buuren will be released instead.
“It's called ‘Not Giving Up’ and I'm really excited about doing it. I'm filming a video with him very soon," she confirmed at the BAFTA TV Awards.
She’s putting on brave face insisting that she was happy with the performance of her most recent single ‘Bittersweet’ which only peaked at No.25 on the UK singles chart last month (and failing to chart anywhere in Europe)
“You know what, I'm totally at peace with it. I still love the song. This might sound like something you only say after something hasn't done fantastically, but I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I've had a long career and I don't get bogged down with that kind of thing,” she said.
Sophie has failed to have a UK Top.10 hit since February 2007 and she hasn’t had a European hit since 2003
If her album fails to set the charts alight it’ll certainly be the final nail for her to dropped.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see why Fascination will drop Sophie even if her album fails to enter the top 10. Sophie sells a whole lot of albums internationally. Write to Fascination, they will tell you about it. Sophie is their biggest international seller, and their most popular act. None of the popstars out there get to work with the kind of people who Sophie works with.

    There's no reason to worry about Sophie parting with her label. Fascination are very fond of Sophie, and Sophie has earned her record with them.

    "Not Giving Up" was planned to be the single much before Bittersweet. An insider had already reviewed the song on PopJustice. It was going to be one of the singles from the album. I'm glad its the second. I hope it does some damage control.

    Bittersweet may have been a bitter flop, but it's still one of 2010's best tracks and the biggest pop-injustice of the year

    Let's not worry now. The new single will be out soon. Support Sophie. Buy the single. I'm buying several copies of the CD, unfortunately international sales don't count for charting. But you can help her chart well. Spread the word among your friends and get them to buy copies of the single. *fingers crossed this does well*

    Regards
    Kaushik

    ReplyDelete