Thursday, June 3, 2010

Robyn

Robyn has revealed that her new album is inspired by the gay scene and dance music from her childhood...
Robyn whose new album is called ‘Body Talk Pt. 1’ is fascinated by club culture and describes the record as a reconnection to music she listened to as a teenager... In an interview for a gay magazine Robyn says: “So much interesting music has come out of the gay scene,” ... “Club culture is a very inspiring culture that I've been a part of since I was a kid, and I think I'm connecting back to that in my own way on this album. Watching people in clubs is a good way of seeing how people interact.”
Describing her new single, ‘Dancing On My Own’, she explained: “You don't always have to be happy going out, sometimes you're sad and sometimes you're frustrated. Sometimes you go out to dance, let off steam. It's a place that's really important for our generation.”
Robyn releases ‘Dancing On My Own’ and ‘Body Talk Pt. 1’ on 14th June (The first of 3 albums she’ll release this year!) – Can’t wait to here it!

No comments:

Post a Comment