Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lauryn Hill

Lauryn Hill has spoken for the first time about her decision to leave the public eye.... (and it’s nothing to do with her coming across as an arrogant, spoilt brat ... i know, i was surprised too!)
Apparently there are a “number of different reasons” for her absence... Lauryn told a national news paper: “The support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal growth things that I had to go through in order to feel like it was worth it.”... “Oftentimes, the machine can overlook the need to take care of the people who produce the sounds that have a lot to do with the health and well-being of society... And it's important that people be given the time that they need to go through, to grow, so that the consciousness level of the general public is properly affected.”
She went on... “I don't know if you know this, but I have five children. The youngest is 2 now, so she's old enough that I can leave her for a period of time and know she's going to be okay.”
Lauryn also revealed that she feels it is “time” to make her comeback.
“I'm starting to get excited again. Believe it or not, I think what people are attracted to about me, if anything, is my passion. People got exposed to my passion through music and song first... And I think that can be infectious.” ~ Whatever i think about her attitude that i’ve seen on TV interviews there’s no denying that her album ‘The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill’ is a masterpiece! (and it’s hard to believe that it was 12 YEARS ago!)

4 comments:

  1. homey the clown made a come back I see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. meh. lauryn ain't ever gonna re-create miseducation of lauryn hill.. probably cause those musicians that worked on the record ain't gonna work with her... NOBODY wants to work with lauryn hill cause she has a crucifix stuck up her ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you really care about Lauryn Hill, you would have some faith in here. I don't think she's being motivated enough. Her music really inspires me & she's my favorite artist! I love listening to her music because it keeps me sane. When I'm going through, I turn on Lauryn Hill's music & not only does it calm me down but I also get in a better mood. Y'all can whatever you want about Lauryn but talking negatively about her, isn't helping none. She just needs to be prayed for. You never know what anyone is going through. So you have no right to judge! I'm always looking for Lauryn to make a come back & I know she will. She'll get herself together w/ the help of God. She don't need anyone else. That's fine if nobody wants to work w/ her. She doesn't need anyone BUT God. He can do the IMPOSSIBLE. All of those who don't want to work w/ her should really give her another chance. It's not like you've never done anything wrong. I believe Jesus said "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" John 8:8... Learn to forgive. She needs help, you see that so do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauryn Hill is a natural,surreal,gift of talent from Jah {in the heavens}. She may have lost her way but anyone with L.Hill's potential will always be attacked by demons and negativity. She may have needed time/solace to discover this and learn/pray how to deal wid it!!!

    ReplyDelete