Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Goldfrapp

Good on Goldfrapp is all i have to say!
They’ve have announced that they will release their new single on tape, (for all you ‘younger’ folk CDs ... sorry i mean downloads weren’t always they way to get music)
Goldfrapp new single ‘Alive’ is the second from their latest album ‘Head First’, which reached No.6 in the UK album chart last week.
The single will be released in a limited tape edition through independent stores in aid of ‘Record Store Day’ on 17th April.
‘Record Store Day’ marks one day where independently-owned record stores celebrate music, with many artists often releasing their music in old formats.

A little known fact for all you folk that don’t remember... cassette singles were introduced in 1978 and at their peak in 1995 22 million tapes were sold, but sales quickly declined, with just 715 purchased in 2007.

8 comments:

  1. I was only 6 years old when those cassette singles were introduced in 1978. But I do remember those cassette tapes were around riding in my friend's car listening to music thinking we were cool. ("LOVE THOSE MOMENTS AND MEMORIES") It was nice to read your blog. HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!! I am following you.

    Visit my blog at
    http://motherof1princessand2princes.blogspoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention. You are a find looking man too. Those girls must be all over you!!!(HA HA HA)!!!

    GOD BLESS YOU SWEETIE!!!

    motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say what's all this AW! Girls all over you! Tut! A girl could get jealous. And I don't think Gina F is one of mine. Could be wrong. I've contacted so many, so you may be pulling entirely on your own account now. Does anybody have the equipment to play a tape now? Oh, congratulations by the way for at last recognising which group you belong to ..... *giggles* ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Do you look back with nostalgia to the day when it was just you and me? Last week was it? Love, Alec

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the new Goldfrapp CD Head First the second single is amazing but the sample riff from Joe Jackson is doing my head in ... whats the song?. Love the blog really great content! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alec ...
    I thank you immensely! These past few weeks when i’ve been low you’ve (right?) lifted my sprits – it’s been brilliant!
    and I’m perfectly able to recognize a good looking bloke when i see one... Lol

    Timslim
    I’m not familiar with the Joe Jackson song, tried to investigate but it seems to be buried somewhere, i’ll keep looking though

    Gina:
    Love the egg photo’s ... made me giggle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you'd been low! I guess I've just been too busy to notice. Probably something to do with your age, all the hormones settling down - that sort of thing. Anyway what alternative would there be to 'you've' might I ask (note the abrupt shift away from dangerous ground!) Love you, Alec p.s. you know I don't like to think of you being low xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not low (as in down) ... Maybe just tired :-)

    ReplyDelete