Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Haiti Charity Single

An alternative Haiti benefit single that was organized The Poguees singer Shane MacGowan has been released on i-Tunes.
The single is a cover of the 1956 Screamin’ Jay Hawkins classic ‘I Put A Spell On You’ also features vocals from: Johnny Depp, Paloma Faith, Chrissie Hynde and Nick Cave has been released on iTunes.
Paloma Faith said: “I think ‘I Put a Spell on You’ is an amazing song.” Of her collaborators, she added... “I'd met Bobby few times, even before I was a singer but meeting Nick Cave was a really amazing experience for me. I really admire his work.” She added on Twitter: “Haiti single with shane macgowan is out on March 8th! please try to get it to number one! Its called I PUT A SPELL ON YOU!... ORDER THE HAITI SINGLE NOW! MAKE US NO 1.”

7 comments:

  1. Dear amazing(? yeah right) third guy, I know I shouldn't have done, but I had a problem with the other Haitian single. I let the deep unpleasantness of the people involved influence my attitude to the cause. I'm not proud of that. But now I can etc. etc. Love Alec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao ... Amazing is right, in fact you could say i'm god like! ... Lmao
    Still on the look for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, old 'un, you're just getting carried away now. I was using 'amazing' ironically lol. You might be lovely and lots of other things, but not 'amazing' (except for your spelling) nor 'god-like' (unless you're including Anubis! Hehe!). You're alright tho', as long as you keep the lights down! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, ok... i'll settle for 'lovely' but it's a bit of a come down from 'amazing' ...
    i'm in wonderment of the 'lots of other things' that can only mean bad things... Lol
    Posted a comment on your blog today - hows job hunting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Amazing', AW, let me remind you, was your word not mine. I don't think you are allowed to provide your own decription - that's down to the critics. But I guess you don't really have critics do you? You are much too amazing ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao ... you're funny! (right one?)
    Love reading your (right one) comments!

    You're (right one) the only critic i can handle, i don't need more! (and i don't think i'd want another one)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so it's ticks for everything! Amazing! (I mean amazing, as in 'well done' - I'm not calling your new name or anything.) So now you think I'm redundant, and being your harshest critic was my only job so far. I knew you must be a typical hard nosed employer. Love Alec

    ReplyDelete