Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kelis

Kelis has revealed that she didn't expect her new single ‘Acapella’ to be released (which make you wonder just how much control she has of her own music ...?)
Kelis has already topped the US Billboard Dance & Club Songs chart with the song.
“I knew that I loved it, and I felt really good about it,” she said to ‘MTV’... “It's exciting to see that people feel what you feel. That's always encouraging. But I had no idea that that would happen that quickly like that. I just knew that the song felt really real for me.”
Kelis worked with David Guetta on the track, admitted that she initially forgot about the song... She continued: “I've known Guetta for a long time just as a DJ in France, just partying in Paris and just being out there... “I didn't even know he was doing a record until a friend of mine sent me some beats, and he was like,’'Guetta would love for you to write something for his album.’ ... “I just started writing to a bunch of them, and I just heard this beat, and there was no melody to it. It was just a beat. I just had this melody that came to me right away, so I just laid this melody down really quick and just forgot about it and kept moving and doing stuff.”

‘Acapella’ will be released on 26th April. I actually really like this track!

Click to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm4q9NCBVkY

No comments:

Post a Comment